Friday, March 1, 2013

Oh February!


After about two and a half years of working on miXtape, I’ve chosen to leave. February 17th was my last show. The show has been challenging and I feel that it’s time for me to take a break. I don’t have any definite plans, but for the next few months I will be reconnecting with friends and just laying low.


You know, I’ve seen break downs of how the creative process works and one of the periods in it was rest. I think Americans ignore that step. No wonder so many people here are burned out. When I tell people I’m going to just hang out for a while they get an almost visceral reaction. I think under it all is a wish that they too could just hang out for a few months. But the bills and the merchant machine don’t allow it.

last hangout with the miXtape ball


Anyway, here’s the February break down:

Theater:

  • Left miXtape February 17th


Music:

  • The Noisy Heart is still in recording. We keep thinking we’re almost done but what does that really mean?
  • I’ve got another song in development


Fiber Art:

  • I’m working on a rectangle and a sweater!


Business:

  • I’m taking classes and researching bag patterns. A friend of mine loves making bags and we’ve been talking about doing an Etsy shop together. I have no idea what will happen with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment